All PLS Libraries will close at 6pm Wednesday, November 25.
We will be closed all day Thursday & Friday, November 26 & 27.
We will resume normal hours of operation on Saturday, November 28.
Here are the basic directions for downloading and transferring an ebook to a Kindle device or app wirelessly.
You will need:
- WiFi internet connection
-Kindle ereader, Kindle mobile app, or Kindle PC app
Checkout and Download eBooks
1. Go to the PLS OverDrive website: www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org/overdrive
2. Find an ebook with the Search Box in the top left or browse one of the categories listed in the purple bar
- If the book is available for Kindle, you will see Kindle Book listed under Format Information.
3. Tap the Borrow button
- If it isn't available, tap Place Hold
4. Enter your Pioneer Library Card number & PIN
-If you do not have one, please apply for a library
card at any hometown library.
5. Tap Download button
6. Select Kindle format
7. Click Confirm & get Kindle Book
8. You will be taken to www.amazon.com
9. If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
10. Use the dropdown menu in the green box to select the Kindle device/app you want to use for reading.
11. Click the yellow Get library book button
12. The eBook will be sent wirelessly to your Kindle device/app the next time it is connected to a WiFi internet signal
Titles will automatically return at the end of checkout period. You may return titles early, though.
1. Go to www.amazon.com/mycd (The Manage Your Content and Devices section of your amazon account)
2. Click the Actions button
3. Return ebooks to the library, delete ebooks from your account, or transfer the ebook to another Kindle device/app during your checkout time.