Here are the basic directions for downloading an ebook or audiobook to a Kindle Fire device with the OverDrive app.
1. Open the app store
2. Search for OverDrive
3. Install the app
Set up OverDrive App
1. Open the OverDrive app
Optional: Follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account.
2. Add a library.
-In newer app versions, swipe from left to right to open the Home menu, then tap Add a library.
-In older app versions, tap Add a library (if you don't have an icon, go to Menu > Get Books).
3. Search for Pioneer Library System, City, or Zip Code.
4. Tap the star to save Pioneer Library System
Checkout eBooks and Audiobooks
1. Tap Pioneer Library System to browse titles.
2. Find an ebook or audiobook with the Search Box in the top left or browse one of the categories listed in the purple bar
3. Tap the Borrow button
- If it isn't available, tap Place Hold
4. Enter your Pioneer Library Card number & PIN
- If you do not have one, please apply for a library card at any hometown library.
5. Tap Download button
6. Click on Bookshelf when it pops up in the notification or click on Account to return to your Bookshelf.
7. -If it is an eBook, select ePUB
-If it is an audiobook, skip to skep 8
8. Tap Confirm & add to app for eBooks or Add to app for audiobooks
9. Title will download to your device
Read eBook or Listen to Audiobook
1. Tap the OverDrive icon in top left corner
2. Tap Bookshelf
3. Tap on the book to open it
Return eBook or Audiobook
Titles will automatically return at the end of checkout period. You may return titles early, though.
1. On your Bookshelf in the app, press and hold the book cover
2. Tap Return and then confirm the action when prompted
Change Checkout Period
1. Tap on Account and login with PLS card # and PIN
2. Tap on Settings
3. Change checkout period to 7, 14, or 21 days
4. Tap Save