Oh! Hello again, intrepid explorer! It appears you've caught me reading.
So - you want to know a little more about how all this works? Well then let me explain it in a little more detail.
- Winter Reading goes from December 1, 2015 until February 29, 2016.
Register to participate, with your PLS library card number and 4-digit PIN.
- When you register select one (1) of the four (4) available learning pathways. They are Technology, Fitness, DIY, and Cooking. (See below!)
- Once registered you'll be directed to our login page.
- If you have little explorers in the house. They can be registered with their own library card numbers under a parent's account. Just add their library card & PIN as a participant to the parent's account.
Login and select your adorable Yeti avatar and start tracking your Winter Learning activities.
Each time you log one of the following things, you will earn points to get badges:
- Book titles read;
- Minutes read;
- Library activities participated in;
- Your own innovative approach to learning more (watching videos, participating in outside groups, etc).
- If you need assistance in determining library books, events, online resources, etc., visit the Explore Learning Pathways on our Winter Reading page below.
- Each time you log one of the following things, you will earn points to get badges:
Each time you log Winter Learning activities (listed above) your name will be entered in to a drawing for a prize pack. You will be entered in to the drawing for the library you have listed as your home library on your library account.
- Prize drawings will be done the first week of March 2016, with winners being notified by the end of the first week of that month.
- If you feel you have done all you can do in one of the learning pathways you may go in to your Activity Log and change which pathway you are pursuing. Just know, if you decide to do that, any badges you've collected will disappear. Much like a footprint on a mountain in an informational blizzard! But don't worry - my fellow yeti librarians will know where you were and it won't impact your standing for the prize drawing.