May 4th is celebrated by fans worldwide as Star Wars Day. Grab your lightsabers and popcorn and have a Star Wars marathon!
Here are some interesting facts about Star Wars (courtesy of Kids Search powered by EBSCOhost database):
- Did you know Yoda was originally supposed to be a monkey?
- According to a list created by Mashable, the Jedi Master was to be a monkey who wore a mask and carried a cane.
- And, Luke was almost pulled to the Dark Side in "Return of the Jedi!"
- The site said that George Lucas toyed with the idea during a story development session "that after Luke removes dying Vader's helmet, he puts it on, proclaims 'Now I am Vader' and turns to the dark side."
- What do Burt Reynolds, Al Pacino, Jack Nicholson, and Christopher Walken all have in common? They were all top contenders to play Han Solo, according to Mashable.
Want to know more about these awesome movies? Check out these books about Star Wars in our catalog. And, our Norman Public Library Central branch is having a May the 4th be with You! event at 4 p.m. on May 4th, for all ages!
We hope you have an awesome Star Wars Day and May the Fourth be with you.
Tired of checking labels to see how healthy your food is? Stressing out over your latest diet? No worries, May 11th is Eat What You Want Day!
Eat What You Want Day is a day to sit back, relax, and just eat what you want! Want to eat dessert for every meal? That's fine! Want to take the family out to a fancy restaraunt? Go ahead. It's Eat What You Want Day!
A great way to celebrate this delicious holiday is to make some Nutella Molten Lava Cakes (courtesy of Kids Search powered by EBSCOhost database)!
FOR THE CAKES
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR THE GARNISH
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 12 whole hazelnuts, toasted
- 6 fresh strawberries, sliced in half
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
Place butter, chocolate chips and Nutella in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat mixture in microwave for 60 seconds, then in three 30-second increments, stirring until smooth after each interval. Stir the flour and confectioners' sugar into the chocolate-butter mixture. Mix in eggs and egg yolks, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling them about three-quarters full. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are firm but centers are still soft.
Allow cakes to cool in pan for 3 minutes to set up. Run a knife around edges to loosen cakes, and invert them onto a cutting board. Transfer each cake to a serving plate. Lightly dust confectioners' sugar over each one, followed by a dollop of Nutella, some sweetened whipped cream, if desired, a hazelnut and a strawberry half.
Take a look at our recipe books to learn more!