School's out and you know what that means, right? S U M M E R - R E A D I N G! That's right. We are inviting you, you and you to our Summer Reading Kick-off events! Why not start off the summer with fun activities, food, and goals to set throughout the season? This is something you don't want to miss! You will also be able to sign up for our summer reading program while at one of these events. Click below to find the kickoff at your own branch. So water you waiting for? Be there or be square! Click to see when your library is holding their event.
All hometown libraries will be closed Sunday, May 29th, and Monday, May 30th, for Memorial Day. Libraries will be open on Tuesday, May 31th for regular hours.
If you're looking for a dish to bring to your Memorial Day cookout, look no further! Try out this Chipotle Guacamole Recipe (article This is Chipotle's Actual Gaucamole Recipe. Enjoy! by Sabrina Toppa in Time magazine, accessed via EBSCOHost Kids Search).
Chipotle Guacamole Recipe
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
HOW TO DO IT:
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
If you're looking for more information about Memorial Day, click here.