All PLS Libraries will close at 6pm Wednesday, November 25.
We will be closed all day Thursday & Friday, November 26 & 27.
We will resume normal hours of operation on Saturday, November 28.
You are cordially invited to Pioneer Library System's Holiday Events for all ages!
Come join us in different activities including crafts, food, music, games and more to start up wonderful the holiday! The events will be taking place at several of our locations:
You don't want to miss out on all the fun, so gather your family and friends and enjoy these festivities!
This year's Food for Fines campaign is officially over! In just 9 days, 3.35 tons of food items were donated!
That's as heavy as an asian elephant and even heavier than a hippopotamus!
The donations are being sent to many different locations to help those in need:
Blanchard Public Library will donate the food to the Blanchard Lion's Club for their Holiday Food Baskets.
McLoud Public Library will donate their food to First Baptist Church of McLoud.
Moore Public Library will donate their food to the Brand Senior Center.
Newcastle Public Library will donate their food to Veteran's Corner, Inc.
The Norman Public Library Central and Norman Public Library West will both donate food to the Salvation Army of Central Oklahoma.
Purcell Public Library will donate their food to McClain County Operation Christmas.
Shawnee Public Library will donate their food to the Salvation Army of Shawnee.
Tecumseh Public Library will donate their food to the Tecumseh Food Bank, operated by the Highland Church of Christ.
Thank you for your donation
This game will be played in Stillwater, OK at the Boone Pickens Stadium. If you are unable to watch the game in live action, try out this game-day Buffalo Chex Mix recipe by Marketwire (article "Fan Favorite Recipies for Game Day" accessed via EBSCOHost Searchasaurus) so you can enjoy the game at home.
Buffalo Chex Mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 4 cups of Wheat Chex cereal
- 2 cups Parmesan-flavored crackers
- 2 cups pretzel twists
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- In a large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, crackers and pretzels; set aside.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in hot sauce and seasonings then pour over cereal mixter; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 4 to 5 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool then store in airtight container
Interested in OU and OSU football? Check these books out!
All PLS branches will be closed November 26th and 27th for Thanksgiving! We will close at 6 p.m on the 25th and will resume regular hours on the 28th.
Surprise your guests with these scrumptious Sweet Potato Bowls by National Geographic Kids, via EBSCOHost Kids Search database!
- 4 miniature pumpkins, washed
- 2 15-ounce cans of sweet potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- cinnamon, to taste
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 bag mini-marshmallows
- Ask an adult to help you slice off the tops of the mini-pumpkins. Scoop out all of the seeds and pulp. Set aside.
- Empty the cans of sweet potatoes into a microwave safe bowl with a lid. Follow the microwave directions on the can to heat.
- Cool slightly, then mash the potatoes with a fork. Mix in salt, butter, syrup, cinnamon, and half-and-half.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the four pumpkins.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Top the potatoes with the mini-marshmallows, then bake at 450°F for about ten minutes, or until marshmallows are lightly browned. Serves four.
For more recipes, crafts, and more, check out some of these Thanksgiving books and other items at the library!