Here are the basic steps for reading magazines with Flipster either online or through the Flipster app.
1. Visit Pioneer Library System's Flipster collection at www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org/flipster
2. If you are outside a library, enter your library card # and PIN (last 4 digits of your phone #)
3. Select a magazine
4. The magazine will open and you can enjoy the full-color magazine in your internet browser
You can access Flipster from any computer, smartphone, or tablet connected to the Internet. Flipster has been tested and confirmed to work on your computer with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8+, FireFox 28+, Safari 5.1+, Google Chrome 33+
- If you are using an older browser, Flipster may function properly, but your results may vary.
- The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768
- Internet Explorer 8 users should turn off Compatibility View by clicking the button next to the web address bar in their browser. Compatibility View may cause some areas of EBSCO interfaces to not display correctly.
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0 or later is required to use Text-To-Speech on interfaces in which it is available.
The Flipster app manages your magazines downloaded from the Flipster website for offline viewing. Currently a mobile app is available for the iPad and iPad Mini, Android Tablets, and Kindle Fire.
1. Using your device’s internet browser, go to Flipster (www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org/flipster) and tap on a magazine to read.The magazine opens in the mobile viewer.
2. Tap the menu in the upper left hand corner and select Open in App. The Flipster app opens and downloads the magazine.
3. Once the download has completed, the magazine is available to read.