Shawnee Public Library will be closed Tuesday, April 25th through Thursday, April 27th, for maintenance work. We plan to resume normal hours of operation on Friday, April 28th.
Here are the basic directions for downloading an ebook or audiobook to an Android phone or tablet with the OverDrive app.
1. Open the app store
2. Search for OverDrive
3. Install the app
Set up OverDrive App
1. Open the OverDrive app.
2. Follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account or use the app anonymously if you are under 13.
3. Add a library.
-In newer app versions, swipe from left to right to open the Home menu, then tap Add a library.
-In older app versions, tap Add a library (if you don't have icon, go to Menu > Get Books).
4. Search for Pioneer Library System, City, or Zip Code.
5. Tap the star to save Pioneer Library System
Checkout eBooks and Audiobooks
1. Tap Pioneer Library System to browse titles.
2. Find an ebook or audiobook with the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the top left or browse one of the categories listed in the purple bar
3. Tap the Borrow button underneath title
- If it isn't available, tap Place a Hold
4. Enter your Pioneer Library Card number & PIN
- If you do not have one, please apply for a library card at any hometown library.
5. You will see a notification bar which says the title is checked out to you. Tap Loans from this bar, or tap the icon of books in the top right to go to your Loans.
6. Tap Download
7. -If it is an eBook, select ePUB
-If it is an audiobook, skip to skep 8
8. Tap Download EPUB eBook or Download MP3 audiobook
9. Title will download to your device
Read eBook or Listen to Audiobook
1. Tap the OverDrive icon in top left corner of app
2. Tap Bookshelf
3. Tap on the book to open it
Return eBook or Audiobook
Titles will automatically return at the end of checkout period. You may return titles early, though.
1. Press and hold the book cover
2. Tap Return and then confirm the action when prompted
Change Lending Period
1. Tap on My Account and login with PLS card # and PIN
2. Tap on Settings
3. Change lending period to 7, 14, or 21 days