All PLS Libraries will close at 6pm Wednesday, November 25.
We will be closed all day Thursday & Friday, November 26 & 27.
We will resume normal hours of operation on Saturday, November 28.
Here are some basic steps for finding Accelerated Reader (AR) books at the library:
1. If you do not have Google Chrome, download and install the Chrome browser at www.google.com/chrome/browser
2. Install the Library Extension add-on for Chrome at www.libraryextension.com
3. Go to the Chrome Settings:
4. Select Extensions (on the Left)
5. Scroll until you see Library Extension and then click Options
6. Select and add your libraries
7. Search ARBookFinder at www.arbookfind.com
8. Screen will tell you if your library has the book you are interested in:
Each of the Pioneer Library System libraries provide wireless and remote printing services through PrinterOn. Visit the following website for the hometown library at which you want to print, and follow the on-screen directions. Or, download the PrinterOn app to your mobile device to easily print from anywhere.
McLoud - printeron.net/pls/mcloud
Moore - printeron.net/pls/moore
Newcastle - printeron.net/pls/newcastle
Noble - printeron.net/pls/noble
Norman West - printeron.net/pls/now
Purcell - printeron.net/pls/purcell
Shawnee - printeron.net/pls/shawnee
SOKC - printeron.net/pls/swokc
Tecumseh - printeron.net/pls/tecumseh
Common file types that can be printed include: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, Adobe PDF, JPEG, TIFF, and Fax.
Machines take $1 and $5 bills, and the cost is:
- Black & White: 15¢ per page
- Color: 30¢ per page
Here are the basic steps for reading magazines with Flipster either online or through the Flipster app.
1. Visit Pioneer Library System's Flipster collection at www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org/flipster
2. If you are outside a library, enter your library card # and PIN (last 4 digits of your phone #)
3. Select a magazine
4. The magazine will open and you can enjoy the full-color magazine in your internet browser
You can access Flipster from any computer, smartphone, or tablet connected to the Internet. Flipster has been tested and confirmed to work on your computer with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8+, FireFox 28+, Safari 5.1+, Google Chrome 33+
- If you are using an older browser, Flipster may function properly, but your results may vary.
- The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768
- Internet Explorer 8 users should turn off Compatibility View by clicking the button next to the web address bar in their browser. Compatibility View may cause some areas of EBSCO interfaces to not display correctly.
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0 or later is required to use Text-To-Speech on interfaces in which it is available.
The Flipster app manages your magazines downloaded from the Flipster website for offline viewing. Currently a mobile app is available for the iPad and iPad Mini, Android Tablets, and Kindle Fire.
1. Using your device’s internet browser, go to Flipster (www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org/flipster) and tap on a magazine to read.The magazine opens in the mobile viewer.
2. Tap the menu in the upper left hand corner and select Open in App. The Flipster app opens and downloads the magazine.
3. Once the download has completed, the magazine is available to read.
Set Up Software
1. Download and install OverDrive Media Console on your computer at app.overdrive.com/#download
-For Apple Devices
- Need a PC for WMA format audiobooks. May use Mac for MP3 format audiobooks
- Need iTunes version 9.1 or newer. Download the newest version: www.apple.com/itunes/download
- Configure iPad/iPhone/iPod for manual management
-For Windows 8 Devices
- Need OverDrive Media Console for Windows Desktop for WMA format audiobooks. May use OverDrive Media Console app for MP3 format audiobooks
Download the audiobook to your computer
1. Go to OverDrive at pioneerlibrarysystem.org/overdrive
2. Find an ebook or audiobook with the Search Box in the top left or browse one of the categories listed in the purple bar
3. Click the Borrow button
- If it isn't available, tap Place Hold
4. Enter your Pioneer Library Card number & PIN
- If you do not have one, please apply for a library card at any hometown library.
5. Click Download button
6. Select WMA or MP3 format
7. Click Confirm & Download
8. Select Open when the box pops up and click OK button
9. OverDrive Media Console will open
10. Click OK when the box pops up asking where to place the file
11. Select the parts you want to download and click OK to begin download
12. The book will download into the OverDrive Media Console. You can listen to the book on the computer or transfer it to your device
Transfer audiobook to your device
1. Plug device into computer with USB cord
2. Select the book you want to transfer
3. Click the Transfer button along the top
4. The Transfer Wizard box will pop up and walk you through transferring the book
5. The book will transfer to your device and you can listen to it
The Board of Trustees has its own website that hosts its meeting agendas and minutes. If you are interested in reading the agendas or minutes, follow these steps:
- Click on Board of Trustees link at the bottom of the website
- Click on the Meetings tab.
- Select the year you would like to view
- Scroll through the list to find the meeting you want to view
- Select the View the Agenda button or the View Minutes button.