Here are the basic directions for downloading and reading an ebook with a Nook, Sony, Kobo (not Kindle).
Install Adobe Digital Editions on PC or Mac and activate it with an Adobe ID
-To download and install Adobe Digital Editions, click here.
-If you do not have an Adobe ID or forgot your log in, click here.
Download the ebook to your computer:
- Go to PLS OverDrive website: http://pioneerlibrarysystem.org/overdrive
- Sign in with your library card number and PIN (usually last 4 digits of phone number)
- Find the book you want to download
- Click on Borrow button (or Place a Hold button to be added to the hold list)
- Click Download button
- Select the ePUB format
- Click Confirm & Download
- Click Open with Adobe Digital Editions when the box pops up (never select “save”).
Adobe Digital Editions will open and the book will download. You can read it on the computer or transfer it to an ereader (follow directions below)
Transfer the ebook to your ereader:
- Click Library in the top left corner
Plug ereader into computer with USB cord. It will show up in Adobe Digital Editions in the left hand column underneath Devices
-If this is the first time you have used the ereader with Adobe Digital Editions, it will ask you to authorize the ereader.
- Click on the cover of the ebook of the right hand side of the screen and drag it to the name of your ereader int he left column. (It will have a red X as you drag it that will turn to a green + when you are over the ereader name.)
- A box will pop up and show the book transferring (it may happen fast and be easy to miss)
- Your ebook is on the erader. You may now close Adobe Digital editions, unplug the ereaders and read the ebook.