Blanchard Public Library
- Published: 16 May 2016 16 May 2016
You don’t need a monthly gym membership, fancy electronic gaming equipment or expensive equipment to improve your health and fitness right away.
A Pioneer library card, a little motivation and these great resources can get you moving toward a healthier you today!
So pull down those learning swim caps - and let's get started with Fitness for Kids!
Cool Exercise: Healthy & Fun Ways to Get Your Body Moving! by Colleen Dolphin
Discusses why it is so important to exercise with step-by-step instructions.
Fitness for Young People Step-by-Step by Antony Atha
Step-by-step instructions for exercise activities for children using basic equipment, such as exercise balls, hand weights, jump ropes, and exercise bands.
Designed to help children develop a healthy lifestyle. Sections on exercise, drugs, and self-esteem are also included.
Super Sandcastle: Super Simple Exercise series by Nancy Tuminelly
This series of books gives kids a number of healthy and fun activites to exercise!
Ballerina Rosie by Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York
Rosie has always loved to dance, but when she starts ballet classes she learns that it takes not only practice and hard work but also self-confidence.
Meditation is an Open Sky: Mindfullness for Kids by Whitney Rippin Stewart
Feeling mindful is feeling good! You know when you're having a bad day, you have that wobbly feeling inside and nothing seems to go right? Find a quiet place, sit down, and meditate! In this daily companion, kids of any age will learn simple exercises to help manage stress and emotions, find focus, and face challenges. They'll discover how to feel safe when scared, relax when anxious, spread kindness, and calm anger when frustrated. Simple, secular, and mainstream, this mindfulness book is an excellent tool for helping kids deal with the stresses of everyday life.
Shakin' the Chute: Fitness with a Parachute by Michael Plunkett
Help kids get the kind of exercise they will find exciting and fun. Play with a colorful parachute inspires creative movement while promoting quality fitness. Dance, shake, and freeze with a chute!
One of the most popular series in music featuring kid-friendly versions of today's biggest pop hits!
Our catalog can help!
Check the PLS online library calendar to find more fitness programs.
Use your library card to access fitness information from magazines, newspapers and professional journals.
- KidsHealth.org: Staying Healthy: Find out how to take care of your body, eat healthy, and stay fit!
- KidsUSA.gov: Exercise and Eating Healthy: Games and videos encourage exercise, nutrition and healthy eating
- Let's Move!: A comprehensive fitness and nutrition intuitive launched by First Lady Michelle Obama
- NBA FIT: The NBA/WNBA's wellness program encourages physical activity & healthy living for children and families
- NFL PLAY60: The National Football League's campaign encourages kids to be active for 60 minutes a day
Check out our new Pioneer Library System Connect app! With your library card number and 4-digit PIN you'll be able to:
- Search for Print & eBooks;
- Place holds on Print & eBooks;
- Retrieve eBooks that are ready for download;
- Using OverDrive® Read technology, open & read eBooks directly in the PLS Connect app;
- Renew Print & eBooks, that are eligible for renewal;
- Return eBooks before the expiration date;
- Easily get program & event information for your library.
As always, if you don’t see the resources for the particular goal you have in mind, your hometown librarian will be happy to help!