Newcastle Public Library
- Published: 16 May 2016 16 May 2016
Oh! Hello again, summer explorer! It appears you've caught me reading.
So - you want to know a little more about how all this works? Well then let me explain it in a little more detail.
- Summer Reading Program goes from May 2016 until July 2016.
Register to participate, with your PLS library card number and 4-digit PIN.
- When you register select one (1) of the twenty-five (25) available learning pathways. See below!
- Once registered you'll be directed to our login page.
- If you have little explorers in the house, they can be registered with their own library card numbers under a parent's account. Just add their library card & PIN as a participant to the parent's account.
Login, select your avatar, and start tracking your Summer Reading Program activities.
Each time you log one of the following things, you will earn points to get badges:
- Book titles read;
- Minutes read;
- Library activities participated in;
- Your own innovative approach to learning more (watching videos, participating in outside groups, etc).
- If you need assistance in determining library books, events, online resources, etc., visit the Explore Learning Pathways on our Summer Reading Program page below.
- Each time you log one of the following things, you will earn points to get badges:
Each time you log Summer Reading Program activities (listed above) your name will be entered in to a drawing for a prize pack. You will be entered in to the drawing for the library you have listed as your home library on your library account.
- Prize drawings will be done the first week of August 2016, with winners being notified by the end of the first week of that month.
- If you feel you have done all you can do in one of the learning pathways, you may go in to your Activity Log and change which pathway you are pursuing. Just know, if you decide to do that, any badges you've collected will disappear- much like a footprint in a the sand that's washed away by an ocean wave! But don't worry - my fellow librarians will know where you were and it won't impact your standing for the prize drawing.
We also have suggested reading lists below, to hel kick-start your summer reading!