Here are the basic directions for downloading magazines with Zinio either online or through the app.
- Visit Pioneer Library System's Zinio for Libraries website and select a magazine.
- Select Checkout Now (you will be prompted to login/create an account for the library's Zinio).
Click Start Reading (you will be prompted to login/create another account for Zinio.com).
- We suggest using the same login information for both accounts.
- Enjoy the full-color magazine!
Through the App
- Follow steps 1 through 3 above in an internet browser.
- On your device, go to your App store and download the Zinio app.
- Open the Zinio app.
- Log into your Zinio.com account in the app.
- While you are on the main page of the app, tap on the symbol near the bottom or top of the screen (depending on the device you use) that looks like an open book. It might have the word read next to it if you have an apple product.
- The book that you selected online should be in your library. Tap on your free magazine and enjoy.
- If you choose a magazine from the shop while in the app, you will be charged for a subscription. The only way to get free magazines is to go back to your web browser and check out a magazine from the library's Zinio website.
The Board of Trustees has its own website that hosts its meeting agendas and minutes. If you are interested in reading the agendas or minutes, follow these steps:
- Click on Board of Trustees link at the bottom of the website
- Click on the Meetings tab.
- Select the year you would like to view
- Scroll through the list to find the meeting you want to view
- Select the View the Agenda button or the View Minutes button.
People who live, work, attend school, or own property in communities in Pottawatomie, McClain, and Cleveland counties are eligible for library cards. Any person, who is not eligible for a Pioneer Library System card, but wishes to use the Pioneer Library System, may apply and pay for a non-resident library card at any of the hometown libraries.
- Contiguous Counties Non-Resident Card: $60.00 (Contiguous counties include: Canadian, Lincoln, Okfuskee, Seminole, Pontotoc, Garvin, and Grady)
- Non-contiguous Counties Non-Resident Card: $70.00
- Out-of-State Non-Resident Card: $80.00
Verification of current address is required. If you do not have identification showing current address, the library card will be mailed to your address.
At the top of the website there are boxes labeled Card # and PIN. Enter your 14-digit library card number and 4-digit PIN in to the appropriate box.
Once you click Log In you'll be taken to your account information. Click on the tab labeled Fines. (If you have unpaid fines, a red exclamation mark is on the tab.) This will display any fines or fees charged to your account.
The Reason column indicates why your account was charged and the Amount column indicates how much was charged. The total amount is listed in bold at the bottom.