Pioneer Library System Presenters' Showcase Information
- Published on Monday, 21 July 2014 09:00
- Hits: 3338
Board of Trustees
- Published on Tuesday, 01 July 2014 13:31
- Hits: 632
For information regarding the Pioneer Library System's Board of Trustees, including:
- Meeting Dates
- Future & Past Agendas
- Names of Trustees
And all other Board related content - please visit our PLS Board of Trustees Website.
Exploring a Laugh
- Published on Thursday, 15 May 2014 09:00
- Hits: 1412
Sometimes life gets stressful and can be kind of a downer. We all need a good laugh, so we've compiled a random list of books that some people have found humorous. Feel free to explore the books that have been suggested and check them out at your hometown library.
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
Mindy Kaling has lived many lives: the obedient child of immigrant professionals, a timid chubster afraid of her own bike, a Ben Affleck-impersonating Off-Broadway performer and playwright, and, finally, a comedy writer and actress prone to starting fights with her friends and coworkers with the sentence "Can I just say one last thing about this, and then I swear I'll shut up about it?" Perhaps you want to know what Mindy thinks makes a great best friend (someone who will fill your prescription in the middle of the night), or what makes a great guy (one who is aware of all elderly people in any room at any time and acts accordingly), or what is the perfect amount of fame (so famous you can never get convicted of murder in a court of law), or how to maintain a trim figure (you will not find that information in these pages).
Mythology and Folklore
- Published on Sunday, 15 June 2014 09:00
- Hits: 1001
Have you ever been interested in mythological creatures or characters? We've compiled a combination list of informative and fictional books that might pique your interest. Check out the following titles at your hometown library!
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight: In a Modern English Version by John Gardner
The adventures and challenges of Sir Gawain, King Arthur's nephew and a knight at the Round Table, including his duel with the mysterious Green Knight, are among the oldest and best known of Arthurian stories. Here the distinguished author and poet John Gardner has captured the humor, elegance, and richness of the original Middle English in flowing modern verse translations of this literary masterpiece. Besides the tale of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, this edition includes two allegorical poems, "Purity" and "Patience"; the beautiful dream allegory "Pearl"; and the miracle story "Saint Erkenwald," all attributed to the same anonymous poet, a contemporary of Chaucer and an artist of the first rank.
2015 Oklahoma Sequoyah Book Award List
- Published on Wednesday, 23 April 2014 09:00
- Hits: 5468
The Sequoyah Administrative Team and the Pioneer Library System are proud to announce the following books for the 2015 Oklahoma Sequoyah Book Award Masterlists. Voting for the winner begins in February, so check out these great books before voting begins.
Children’s (Grades 3-5)
- Sailing to Freedom - Martha Bennett Stiles
- Little Dog Lost - Marion Dane Bauer
- Adventures of Beanboy - Lisa Harkrader
- King of the Mound - Wes Tooke
- Freaky Fast Frankie Joe - Lutricia Clifton
- Sinister Sweetness of Splendid Academy - Nikki Loftin
- Seven Tales of Trinket - Shelley Moore Thomas
- Hiss-s-s - Eric A. Kimmell
- Capture the Flag - Kate Messner
- The One and Only Ivan - Katherine Applegate
- Secret Chicken Society - Judy Cox
- Double Dog Dare - Lisa Graff
- Kizzy Ann Stamps - Jeri Watts
- Brothers at Bat - Audrey Vernick
- Alex the Parrot - Stephanie Spinner