How do I download an OverDrive ebook to a Kindle via a USB cord?
- Published on Thursday, 23 February 2012 12:12
- Hits: 11345
These directions will assist you in downloading and transferring an ebook to a Kindle using a USB cord. This method is required for devices that do not have wireless internet capabilities. This method is also required for ALL ebooks published by the Penguin Publishing Company.
1. Go to the PLS OverDrive website: www.justsoyouknow.us/overdrive
2. Find the book you want to download. If the book is available for Kindle, you will see "Kindle Book"listed under Format Information.
3. Click "borrow", or click "place a hold" to be added to the waiting list.
4. Click "Proceed to Checkout."
5. Sign in with your library card number and 4-digit PIN.
6. Use the lending period dropdown menu to select a 7, 14, or 21 day checkout period.
7. Click "Confirm Checkout."
8. Click the "Get for Kindle" button.
9. You will be taken to amazon.com. If you have not already signed in to amazon.com, you will be prompted to do so.
10. You will see a green box with a yellow button on the right side of the screen.
How To Use the Norman Book Return
- Published on Friday, 10 February 2012 16:31
- Hits: 7238
Norman has a new book return inside the library! The new book return is for ALL library materials: books and DVDs.
To use the new book return simply wait for the green light and place items one at a time into it. If the light is yellow, it is processing the previous item and you need to wait a moment. If the light is red, the book return is closed.
How do I download an OverDrive ebook to a Kindle?
- Published on Wednesday, 28 December 2011 13:31
- Hits: 12794
Want to borrow a book for your Kindle? Here are the basic directions for downloading and reading an ebook with a Kindle device or app.
You will need:
- An internet connection
- A Kindle ereader, Kindle mobile app, or Kindle PC app
- USB connector (if using ereader without wifi connectivity)
What is a QR Code?
- Published on Friday, 10 February 2012 00:00
- Hits: 6394
What is a QR code?
This odd little graphic is a QR code.
A QR code (Quick Response Code) is a type of barcode that stores rich information and can be read by devices, such as smart phones or tablets. It was created in Japan and initially used for the automotive industry. The QR codes are currently widely used, and probably you have seen these on product packaging, in magazine ads, or on webpages. Find more about QR codes on Wikipedia.
How to read QR codes?
The easiest way to read QR codes is through a smart phone, which will need to have a camera, a code-reading app, and Internet access. Open your app, snap a picture of the QR code, and the data linked to the QR code will automatically appear. The QR code on top of this page is generated using the URL of the PLS website. Take out your smart phone and see if it will lead to our website.
Popular free QR code apps:
How do I download an OverDrive ebook to an e-reader (not Kindle)?
- Published on Wednesday, 28 December 2011 12:57
- Hits: 7680
Here are the basic directions for downloading and reading an ebook with a Nook, Sony, Kobo (not Kindle).
Install Adobe Digital Editions on PC or Mac and activate it with an Adobe ID
-To download and install Adobe Digital Editions, click here.
-If you do not have an Adobe ID or forgot your log in, click here.