Hoopla is digital media service that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, eBooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. Items can be only streamed on a computer, and can be streamed or downloaded on Android, Apple, Roku, Amazon Fire or Chromecast device.
All items can be immediately checked out and used. There are no holds and no waiting for titles to be returned.
1. Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com and click Get Started Today or sign up in the Hoopla app.
2. Create your Hoopla account by entering your first name, last name, email address and a password you create.
3. Choose your library (Pioneer Library System, Norman, OK) from the populated list on the next page, or search by zip code, and then click Next.
4. Add your library card number and PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number) on the next page and click Sign Me Up.
If you do not have a library card, please apply for one at any hometown library or online here.
4. Once your library card has been successfully connected, you will be shown information about how your account works.
You are now set up!
Items can be streamed and downloaded on an Android, Apple, Roku, Amazon Fire or Chromecast device with the free Hoopla app. Click here for specific device instructions from the Hoopla Help website.
Download the app for your device from your app store and log in with your Hoopla account, or create one if you haven't already.
Downloaded items will no longer play when their due date has passed.
- Each cardholder can borrow 6 items per month.
- Borrow limits reset on the 1st of each month.
- Most movies and TV episodes are available for 72 hours (3 days) from the time you borrow the title.
- Most music albums are available for 7 days from the time you borrow the title.
- Most audiobooks, comics and eBooks are available from 21 days from the time you borrow the title.
1. Use the Search bar to find titles or click Browse to browse through categories.
2. Click or tap a title to see more information about it. Tap Borrow to view/read/listen to it now or tap the heart icon to add it to your Favorites list to borrow later.
My Hoopla features:
When you are signed into your account, you can access your My Hoopla account from the top left.
On My Hoopla, you can manage your personal profile details, see what's currently borrowed and see your Favorites and History.
Items can be renewed before they are due. Renewing an item will use one of your remaining borrows for the month.
You can return a title by clicking the Return Now button located at the bottom of the title or on the title information page. This will help free up storage on your device for any downloaded titles.
Please note that returning items early does not give you additional borrows for the month.