Here are the basic steps for reading magazines with through the Pioneer Library System Connect app, or through Flipster either online or through the Flipster app.
Pioneer Library System Connect App
Pioneer Library System Connect makes it quick and easy to access your hometown library on the go. Search the library’s catalog, read ebooks on demand, send items to Kindle, stream audiobooks, read Flipster eMagazines, manage your account and find popular titles instantly. It is currently available for Android and Apple smartphones and tablets.
• Search the catalog for print and digital material;
• Manage your library account and place holds;
• Manage your print and digital book shelf;
• Read and download Flipster eMagazines;
• See what’s popular at the library;
• See the latest in library news & events for your hometown library.
Instructions for reading Flipster emagazines in the Pioneer Library System Connect app are here.
1. Visit Pioneer Library System's Flipster collection here.
2. If you are outside a library, enter your library card # and PIN (last 4 digits of your phone #)
3. Select a magazine
4. The magazine will open and you can enjoy the full-color magazine in your internet browser
You can access Flipster from any computer, smartphone, or tablet connected to the Internet. Flipster has been tested and confirmed to work on your computer with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8+, FireFox 28+, Safari 5.1+, Google Chrome 33+
- If you are using an older browser, Flipster may function properly, but your results may vary.
- The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768
- Internet Explorer 8 users should turn off Compatibility View by clicking the button next to the web address bar in their browser. Compatibility View may cause some areas of EBSCO interfaces to not display correctly.
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0 or later is required to use Text-To-Speech on interfaces in which it is available.
The Flipster app manages your magazines downloaded from the Flipster website for offline viewing. Currently a mobile app is available for the iPad and iPad Mini, Android Tablets, and Kindle Fire.
1. Using your device’s internet browser, go to Flipster and tap on a magazine to read.The magazine opens in the mobile viewer.
2. Tap the menu in the upper left hand corner and select Open in App. The Flipster app opens and downloads the magazine.
3. Once the download has completed, the magazine is available to read.