Kanopy is a streaming movie service that offers access to a large, curated catalog of educational, entertaining, and enriching films. It includes content from leading producers such as Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, PBS, BBC, and many more. Movies can be streamed on a computer, Android, Apple, Roku, Amazon Fire or Chromecast device.
1. Go to https://pioneer.kanopy.com and click Sign Up.
Note: this must be done in an internet browser and not in the Kanopy app.
3. Click Add a library card on the next page and enter your library card number and PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number) and click Save.
If you do not have a library card, please apply for one at any hometown library or online here.
4. Once your library card has been successfully connected, you will be shown information about how your account works.
You are now set up!
Kanopy can be streamed on an Android, Apple, Roku, Amazon Fire or Chromecast device with the free Kanopy app.
Download the app for your device from your app store and log in with your Kanopy account to stream movies.
Movies cannot be downloaded.
- Each cardholder has 6 play credits per month, which means 6 movies per month.
- Once you press play on a film, you have 3 days to watch it as many times as you want without using up another movie credit.
- Play credits reset on the 1st of each month.
1. Use the Search bar to find titles or click Browse to browse through genres or browse the titles on the Kanopy page.
2. Click or tap a title to see more information about it. Tap Watch to view it now or tap + My List to add it to your Watchlist to view later.
When you are signed into your account, you can access your User Dashboard from the top right.
On the Dashboard, you can manage your personal profile details, Watchlist, recently watched films, comments, and more.