All Hometown Libraries are closed on Sunday, May 26th and Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day.
We will resume normal hours of operation on Tuesday, May 28th.
Purcell Public Library
- Published: 05 November 2014 05 November 2014
Here are the basic directions for downloading and transferring an ebook to a Kindle device or app wirelessly.
You will need:
- WiFi internet connection
-Kindle ereader, Kindle mobile app, or Kindle PC app
Checkout and Download eBooks
1. Go to the PLS OverDrive website: www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org/overdrive
2. Find an ebook with the Search icon (magnifying glass) in the top left or browse one of the categories listed in the purple bar
- If the book is available for Kindle, you will see Kindle Book listed under Format Information.
3. Tap the Borrow button underneath title
- If it isn't available, tap Place Hold
4. Enter your Pioneer Library Card number & PIN
-If you do not have one, please apply for a library
card at any hometown library.
5. You will see a notification bar which says the title is checked out to you. Tap Loans from this bar, or tap the icon of books in the top right to go to your Loans.
6. Tap Download
7. Select Kindle book
8. Tap Get Kindle Book (from Amazon)
9. You will be taken to www.amazon.com
10. If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
11. Use the dropdown menu in the green box to select the Kindle device/app you want to use for reading.
12. Click the yellow Get library book button
13. The eBook will be sent wirelessly to your Kindle device/app the next time it is connected to a WiFi internet signal
Titles will automatically return at the end of checkout period. You may return titles early, though.
1. Go to www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html (The Your Content and Devices section of your Amazon account)
2. Click the Actions button
3. Return ebooks to the library, delete ebooks from your account, or transfer the ebook to another Kindle device/app during your checkout time.