Welcome back to school! Whether you're going to school, homeschooling, or learning virtually this year, PLS is here to support you. Click Online Learning Resources in the menu to get started.
PLS Business Services can help you succeed!
The Pioneer Library System offers resources that can assist you in achieving your business goals and get you on the way to a prosperous and successful period in your life. Take advantage of our following services to help your personal growth and development. We're here for you!
If you are physically unable to visit your hometown library, our Home Services program can bring the library to you!
Books by Mail
Homebound customers that qualify for a Pioneer Library account are eligible for our Books by Mail program. Using this service, you can choose to borrow any of the items in the hometown libraries' collections.
The PLS Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service helps us connect you to the joy of reading and information for life long learning by allowing you to borrow items from other libraries.
- Patrons must have a current PLS library card and cannot have fines that exceed $9.99 to be eligible for Interlibrary Loan privileges.
- Eligible patrons may request no more than four (4) items per week.
- Genealogy requests must be for a specific author/title. Subject requests for genealogical information cannot be processed through Interlibrary Loan.
- All ILL materials must be returned to the library from which you picked them up.
- Pioneer Library System will honor the lending library's due date and rules.
- Fees for lost items will be:
-the replacement cost
-any fees charged by the lending library
-or a $50 default fee
Steps involved in requesting ILL:
Please note that ILL requests should only be made for items not currently in our collection. If the item you are wanting is a new release or currently in print please consider filling out the suggest a purchase form instead.
Do the following:
In the Select a Topic or Database drop menu select WorldCat
Type your search in the search box
Click on the Title of the item you want
If you want to request an ILL click on the dark grey ILL button or the text which reads "Request this item (Interlibrary Loan)"
Fill out the form and click Submit
Click here to contact us if you want to follow-up with your request or have other questions concerning Interlibrary Loan.
Please allow up to six (6) weeks for delivery. If any charges are associated with your request you will be contacted to see if you are willing to pay the costs.