Accelerated Reader (AR) books
Accelerated Reader (AR) is a program developed by Renaissance Learning that is used by many schools and libraries to encourage and track students' reading progress. AR books are books that have been assigned a quiz in the Accelerated Reader program, which allows students to earn points and track their reading progress as they complete quizzes on the books they have read.
AR books cover a wide range of reading levels, from picture books for young children to more advanced chapter books for older readers. The quizzes on AR books are designed to test comprehension and knowledge of the book's content, and are typically multiple-choice or short-answer questions.
In the AR program, each book is assigned a point value based on its length and complexity, and students earn points for successfully completing quizzes on the books they have read. The program also provides feedback to teachers and librarians, allowing them to track student progress and identify areas where students may need additional support or guidance.
Overall, AR books are a tool for encouraging and tracking reading progress, and are used by many schools and libraries as a way to engage students in reading and promote literacy.
Here are some basic steps for finding Accelerated Reader (AR) books at the library:
1. If you do not have Google Chrome, download and install the Chrome browser at www.google.com/chrome/browser
2. Install the Library Extension add-on for Chrome at www.libraryextension.com
3. Go to the Chrome Settings:
4. Select Extensions (on the Left)
5. Scroll until you see Library Extension and then click Options
6. Select and add your libraries
7. Search ARBookFinder at www.arbookfind.com
8. Screen will tell you if your library has the book you are interested in:Accelerated Reader (AR) books