Flipster is a digital magazine service that provides access to a wide range of popular magazines through the Pioneer Library System Connect app, or through Flipster either online or through the Flipster app. The app is designed for library patrons and can be accessed using a library card or login credentials provided by the library.
With Flipster, users can browse and read popular magazines in a digital format, either through a web browser or through the Flipster app. The app is available for iOS and Android devices and allows users to download magazines for offline reading.
Some of the features of the Flipster app include the ability to browse and search magazine titles, bookmark articles for later reading, and adjust the font size and style for easier reading. The app also allows users to share articles with others and to access back issues of magazines.
Here are the basic steps for reading magazines with through the Pioneer Library System Connect app, or through Flipster either online or through the Flipster app.
Methods to use Flipster
Pioneer Library System Connect App
Pioneer Library System Connect makes it quick and easy to access your hometown library on the go. Search the library’s catalog, read ebooks on demand, send items to Kindle, stream audiobooks, read Flipster eMagazines, manage your account and find popular titles instantly. It is currently available for Android and Apple smartphones and tablets.
• Search the catalog for print and digital material;
• Manage your library account and place holds;
• Manage your print and digital book shelf;
• Read and download Flipster eMagazines;
• See what’s popular at the library;
• See the latest in library news & events for your hometown library.
1. Visit Pioneer Library System's Flipster collection here.
2. If you are outside a library, enter your library card # and PIN (last 4 digits of your phone #)
3. Select a magazine
4. The magazine will open and you can enjoy the full-color magazine in your internet browser
You can access Flipster from any computer, smartphone, or tablet connected to the Internet. Flipster has been tested and confirmed to work on your computer with the following browsers: Internet Explorer 8+, FireFox 28+, Safari 5.1+, Google Chrome 33+
If you are using an older browser, Flipster may function properly, but your results may vary.
The recommended screen resolution is 1024 x 768
Internet Explorer 8 users should turn off Compatibility View by clicking the button next to the web address bar in their browser. Compatibility View may cause some areas of EBSCO interfaces to not display correctly.
Adobe Flash Player 10.0 or later is required to use Text-To-Speech on interfaces in which it is available.
The Flipster app manages your magazines downloaded from the Flipster website for offline viewing. Currently a mobile app is available for the iPad and iPad Mini, Android Tablets, and Kindle Fire.
1. Using your device’s internet browser, go to Flipster and tap on a magazine to read. The magazine opens in the mobile viewer.
2. Tap the menu in the upper left hand corner and select Open in App. The Flipster app opens and downloads the magazine.
3. Once the download has completed, the magazine is available to read.